The insurance companies with which we participate are listed below. When you call to schedule your appointment, please verify that we participate with your specific plan. We also recommend calling your insurance carrier to make sure we are listed as a participating/in-network provider on your specific plan.
Most plans cover an annual preventive gynecologic or “Well Woman” visit, usually without a co-pay. You should find out if your insurance goes by the calendar year or a 12-month cycle, as only one “check-up” per period is allowed.
Gynecologic problem or “Illness” visits are usually covered, most often requiring a co-pay. Visits for the same problem might not be allowed within a short time period.
Most plans now have deductibles for in-network services. Please be knowledgeable about your benefits as you will ultimately be responsible for your bill if your insurance carrier does not pay for whatever reason.
We recommend that, prior to your appointment, you check your insurance website for details, as individual plans vary regarding co-pays and deductibles, restrictions and exclusions may apply, and it is your responsibility to know your coverage and benefits.
We currently participate, and are considered “in-network” with the following insurance companies:
- Aetna PPO & POS (excludes the HMO & NY Signature plans and self-purchased plans)
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (most commercial plans; for out of NY State BC/BS plans such as Horizon and Anthem must have suitcase symbol with PPO inside)
- Cigna PPO, OAP, POS, and HMO plans
- United Healthcare (most commercial plans) (excludes UHC Compass & Community Plans)
- Oxford Health Plans (Freedom, Liberty, and Metro plans)
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) & Multiplan
- The Empire Plan (New York State Government Plan)
- Oscar Health (NY/NJ Small Business Plans & NY Individual Plans)
We now participate with Oscar Health Insurance.
We no longer participate with Medicare/Medicaid plans under any of the above carriers.
Please see our Financial Policy Agreement.